The Mississippi State baseball team (16-11 overall, 3-4 SEC) didn’t exactly look all that great Friday evening as the Bulldogs were beat up by the Arkansas Razorbacks (20-4 overall, 6-1 SEC).
Thankfully it’s a new day and the Bulldogs don’t need style points, they just need to win. It doesn’t matter how Mississippi State wins, all the Bulldogs need to do is win. That might be difficult to do given how good Arkansas is, but it isn’t necessarily impossible.
First thing is first though. The Bulldogs must play better than they did last night. Arkansas was able to jump out to a dominant 6-0 lead as Mississippi State struggled early on in the game. That lead was stretched out to 7-0 at one point before Logan Tanner got the Bulldogs on the board with a solo shot home run. But that’s all Mississippi State would be able to get.
The Bulldogs lost 8-1.
Now they get a chance to respond to that loss. There are still two games left in this series. The Bulldogs can get some redemption. Mississippi State and Arkansas return to action Saturday at 6:30 p.m.
Here’s everything you’ll need to watch game 2 between the Mississippi State Bulldogs and the Arkansas Razorbacks:
Mississippi State baseball vs. Arkansas 2022: Weather forecast
It might get a little chilly while the Bulldogs are in Fayetteville, but the weather during the games should be pretty good. Here’s what the weather forecast looks like for Fayetteville for when the games will get started on Saturday and Sunday, according to Weather.com.
- Saturday, April 2: 65 degrees and sunny
- Sunday, April 3: 67 degrees and sunny
Mississippi State baseball vs. Arkansas 2022: 3 opposing players to watch
- Michael Turner: While he isn’t exactly the most powerful hitter on the planet, Michael Turner is consistent and leads the Razorbacks in batting average. Turner has a .369 batting average on the season and is currently is tied for second-most home runs on the season for the Razorbacks with four.
- Robert Moore: Heading into this weekend’s series, Robert Moore has a very respectable .272 batting average and leads the Razorbacks with five home runs. Moore also has 10 doubles, which also leads Arkansas. He’s not the best, most productive hitter ever, but Moore is good at getting some extra bases here and there when it’s needed.
- Connor Noland: Keep an eye on Arkansas pitcher Connor Noland. His ERA is respectable at 3.41 and he’s managed to record 47 strikeouts through 34.1 innings pitched.
How to watch Mississippi State baseball: Bulldogs on the road vs. Arkansas
Game 1 of the Bulldogs playing the Razorbacks will be on SEC Network. Games 2 and 3 will be available on SEC Network+. All three games can be streamed online or by using the ESPN app. Click the following links below to watch the Bulldogs battle the Razorbacks.
Mississippi State baseball vs. Arkansas 2022: Radio broadcast information
To be able to listen in to the Mississippi State baseball game, check out these resources here:
Keep up with Mississippi State baseball online: Twitter and live stats
- Interested in checking out live stats for this game, click here.
- Looking for the official Mississippi State baseball twitter account? You can find that by clicking here.
Let’s do some good
- Who? Compassion International
- What do they do? Through partnering with local churches and communities across the globe, Compassion International is able to make an impact and help elevate children out of poverty. Their goal is to “release children from poverty,” provide opportunities for education, and to teach communities about Jesus.
- How can I learn more about them? Check out Compassion International’s about page by clicking here.
- Are they on social media? Visit Compassion International’s Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook accounts.