Chris Lemonis and his Mississippi State baseball team could use some wins on the road to boost their resume. While it won’t be easy this weekend, the Bulldogs have a great chance to get some respect against a vaunted SEC foe: the Arkansas Razorbacks.
There’s no guarantee that this weekend will result in any wins for Mississippi State. Fayetteville is a tough place to play and the Bulldogs haven’t had much luck there in recent trips. Will this road trip be any different?
Here are three Arkansas players the Mississippi State baseball team will need to watch out for.
Mississippi State baseball vs. Razorbacks 2022: 3 Arkansas players to watch
- Michael Turner: While he isn’t exactly the most powerful hitter on the planet, Michael Turner is consistent and leads the Razorbacks in batting average. Turner has a .369 batting average on the season and is currently is tied for second-most home runs on the season for the Razorbacks with four.
- Robert Moore: Heading into this weekend’s series, Robert Moore has a very respectable .272 batting average and leads the Razorbacks with five home runs. Moore also has 10 doubles, which also leads Arkansas. He’s not the best, most productive hitter ever, but Moore is good at getting some extra bases here and there when it’s needed.
- Connor Noland: Keep an eye on Arkansas pitcher Connor Noland. His ERA is respectable at 3.41 and he’s managed to record 47 strikeouts through 34.1 innings pitched.
Mississippi State baseball vs. Arkansas 2022: Important stats to note
- Home runs – Mississippi State is fourth in the SEC right now in hitting home runs with 43 home runs on the season. Meanwhile, the Razorbacks aren’t having as much luck with hitting the ball out of the park. At the moment, Arkansas is tied for 10th in the SEC in home runs with 27.
- Batting average – Neither the Bulldogs or the Razorbacks have great batting averages at the moment. Right now, Arkansas ranks 12th in the conference with a .278 team batting average while the Bulldogs are 13th in the SEC with a team batting average of .274.
Mississippi State baseball vs. Arkansas 2022: Team records
- Mississippi State: 16-10 overall, 3-3 SEC
- Arkansas: overall: 19-4 overall, 5-1 SEC
Let’s do some good
- Who? Compassion International
- What do they do? Through partnering with local churches and communities across the globe, Compassion International is able to make an impact and help elevate children out of poverty. Their goal is to “release children from poverty,” provide opportunities for education, and to teach communities about Jesus.
- How can I learn more about them? Check out Compassion International’s about page by clicking here.
- Are they on social media? Visit Compassion International’s Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook accounts.