The Mississippi State Bulldogs are ranked in the top 10 of yet another college baseball preseason top 25 ranking, but some Mississippi State baseball fans may not love who the Diamond Dawgs happen to be ranked behind.
According to Perfect Game USA, the Bulldogs are the third best team in the SEC headed into the 2022 college baseball season. Their preseason top 25 ranking has Mississippi State at sixth overall, behind the likes of Vanderbilt, Texas, Stanford, LSU, and Notre Dame.
Here’s what the full preseason rankings look like, according to Perfect Game USA.
Mississippi State Bulldogs ranked sixth in Perfect Game USA preseason top 25 rankings
Let’s do some good
- Who? One Simple Wish
- What do they do? One Simple Wish strives to serve the children and youth who are in need and have been impacted by spending time in the foster care system. Each year, nearly 500,000 children spend time in the foster care system. One Simple Wish provides some joy and makes a wish come true for these children and youth.
- How can I learn more about them? Check out One Simple Wish’s about page by clicking here.
- Are they on social media? Visit One Simple Wish’s Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook accounts.
Perfect Game USA preseason Top 25 rankings:
- Vanderbilt Commodores
- Texas Longhorns
- Stanford Cardinal
- LSU Tigers
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish
- Mississippi State Bulldogs
- North Carolina State Wolfpack
- TCU Horned Frogs
- Arkansas Razorbacks
- Ole Miss Rebels
- Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
- Texas Tech Red Raiders
- East Carolina Pirates
- Arizona Wildcats
- Florida State Seminoles
- Oklahoma State Cowboys
- UCLA Bruins
- Miami Hurricanes
- Oregon Ducks
- UC Irvine Anteaters
- Tennessee Volunteers
- Nebraska Cornhuskers
- Florida Gators
- Long Beach State Dirtbags
- Liberty Flames
Some folks likely aren’t going to be thrilled with that ranking. Mississippi State is coming off of a monumental season. Outside of a frustrating series against Arkansas and then a poor showing in the SEC Baseball Tournament in Hoover, just about everything went right for the Bulldogs in 2021.
The Mississippi State baseball team beat the Texas Longhorns early in the season, took care of Ole Miss once again, handled the Starkville Regional with relative ease, beat the Notre Dame Fighting Irish in the Starkville Super Regional made it back to the College World Series in Omaha where they handled the Longhorns a couple more times, and then beat the brakes off of the Vanderbilt Commodores to win the national title.
Still, Mississippi State will have plenty of opportunities to prove itself this season.
There are seven SEC teams in the top 25 there, including Mississippi State. Of the other six teams coming from the Southeastern Conference, the Bulldogs will face four of them (LSU, Arkansas, Ole Miss, and Tennessee). In non-conference matchups, the Bulldogs get Long Beach State and Texas Tech, both of whom are ranked here.
It’s still early. Everything is fine. Mississippi State will have its chances to improve its ranking. And there’s a very real chance the Bulldogs will have what it takes to get back to Omaha again this year.