A few members of the Mississippi State baseball team are set to represent the Bulldogs on one of the most prestigious collections of college baseball players around. Three Mississippi State Bulldogs have been invited to join the 2021 USA Baseball Collegiate National team.
Once the College World Series gets wrapped up, Jackson Fristoe, Landon Sims, and Logan Tanner will all join the USA Baseball Collegiate National team roster.
The trio of Sims, Tanner, and Fristoe have been instrumental in Mississippi State’s ability to get to Omaha for the 2021 College World Series and the three young players have incredibly bright futures ahead of them. In terms of eligibility, all three of them are listed as freshmen thanks to the NCAA allowing for an extra season of eligibility due to COVID-19 cancelling the 2019 season.
Mississippi State made this cool graphic to celebrate the occasion:
Tanner has been a consistent threat in the lineup for the Bulldogs. He’s got a .276 batting average, a .511 slugging percentage, and leads Mississippi State with 14 home runs this season.
Fristoe has shown plenty of upside this year, even if he has struggled at times. Though he has a 5.81 ERA, which is not great, opponents have only managed to get a .222 batting average against him. Fristoe has struck out 67 batters through 48 innings.
Sims has had arguably the best 2021 season out of the three of them. Arguably the best arm out of the bullpen for the Mississippi State baseball team, Sims has a 1.60 ERA, a dozen saves, and has struck out 92 batters through 52 innings pitched.
- Watch 2021 College World Series: Virginia vs. Texas – TV channel, livestream, schedule, live stats – Here’s what you need to keep up with the Cavaliers and the Longhorns when Virginia and Texas play Thursday evening.
- Starkville Stuff: Virginia Cavaliers, Texas Longhorns to play for right to face Mississippi State – How’s it going, folks? Mississippi State gets the day off because the Bulldogs beat Virginia the other evening. Now the Cavaliers are in the elimination bracket and will play the Texas Longhorns.
- ‘I love the fact that we never quit’: Chris Lemonis discusses Mississippi State’s comeback win over Virginia – “Damn, that was fun,” Chris Lemonis said while celebrating with his team in the dugout.
- Mississippi State rallies to beat Virginia in College World Series – The Mississippi State Bulldogs just didn’t quit Tuesday evening. Down 4-0, the Bulldogs roared back and were able to defeat the Virginia Cavaliers in the College World Series.
- Mississippi State wants you to watch Will Bednar, Landon Sims combine for 21 strikeouts against Texas Longhorns – Mississippi State’s win over Texas was a historic one. The Bulldogs were able to come out and shut down a prolific offense on college baseball’s biggest stage, TD Ameritrade Park during the 2021 College World Series.
With the College World Series set to start, NCAA baseball fans from all over the country will be headed to Omaha, Nebraska, to watch the country’s eight best teams play each other with the goal of winning a championship. While it’s often overlooked, Omaha is a city that deserves more credit for everything it has to offer.
I actually had the pleasure of living in Omaha for a couple of years and, despite the bitter winters, I thoroughly enjoyed my time living in the Midwest.
Omaha is a wonderful city with a great food scene, plenty of bars (especially sports bars), and a solid amount of nightlife.
There’s always something happening somewhere in town and, thanks to the size and layout of the city, it’s pretty easy to get just about anywhere you need within 20 to 30 minutes.
If you’ve got the opportunity to go see the College World Series, you should definitely take it.
And if you’ll be in Omaha, it’s worth getting a few ideas on what to do while you’re there. That’s what this guide is for, to help you get some ideas on what to do during your trip to see your team in the CWS.
Categories: Mississippi State Baseball