It’s safe to say by now that the 2020 college football season will be as wild of a ride as the rest of this year has been, right? Can we all agree on that?
Because, so far, the following events have happened:
- No. 9 Texas lost to unranked TCU
- No. 11 UCF lost to unranked Tulsa
- No. 16 Mississippi State lost to unranked Arkansas
- No. 18 Oklahoma lost to unranked Iowa State
- No. 24 Pitt lost to unranked NC State
- No. 25 Memphis lost to unranked SMU
AND THAT WAS JUST TODAY!
Other weird things of note:
- Oklahoma lost to Kansas State
- Kansas State lost to Arkansas State
- Arkansas State lost to Coastal Carolina
- Iowa State lost to Louisiana
- LSU lost to Mississippi State
- Appalachian State lost to Marshall
This year is weird. It’s going to be weird for a lot of fanbases. The only teams that may get through unscathed are Alabama and Clemson. Everybody else seems vulnerable to some degree.
Also, this year is far from over.
That’s both a blessing and a curse for Mike Leach and the Mississippi State Bulldogs. There’s plenty of time to right the ship and get back to winning in stunning fashion, but there’ll be more opportunity for frustrating losses.
Categories: Mississippi State Football