Chris Lemonis and his Mississippi State baseball team will be on the road this weekend as the Bulldogs face off against the Arkansas Razorbacks. Mississippi State hasn’t had a ton of success in Fayetteville as of late, but that doesn’t inherently mean the Bulldogs won’t be able to find some success this weekend. It just means that it’s not exactly a great idea to expect the Bulldogs to sweep.
This is a battle of two of the best programs in the SEC and it should be must watch college baseball action for fans across the country. It’s absolutely a series folks in the South should be watching as it could have massive implications on the SEC West race.
The stakes are pretty high for the Bulldogs’ chances at securing a solid spot in the NCAA Tournament as well. Mississippi State needs to start improving its resume if it wants to earn some respect by the time the regular season starts wrapping up.
Here’s everything you need to know for this weekend’s series between Mississippi State and Arkansas.
Mississippi State baseball vs. Arkansas 2022: Weather forecast
It might get a little chilly while the Bulldogs are in Fayetteville, but the weather during the games should be pretty good. Here’s what the weather forecast looks like for Fayetteville for when the games will get started on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, according to Weather.com.
- Friday, April 1: 61 degrees and partly cloudy
- Saturday, April 2: 65 degrees and sunny
- Sunday, April 3: 67 degrees and sunny
Mississippi State baseball vs. Arkansas 2022: 3 opposing players to watch
- Michael Turner: While he isn’t exactly the most powerful hitter on the planet, Michael Turner is consistent and leads the Razorbacks in batting average. Turner has a .369 batting average on the season and is currently is tied for second-most home runs on the season for the Razorbacks with four.
- Robert Moore: Heading into this weekend’s series, Robert Moore has a very respectable .272 batting average and leads the Razorbacks with five home runs. Moore also has 10 doubles, which also leads Arkansas. He’s not the best, most productive hitter ever, but Moore is good at getting some extra bases here and there when it’s needed.
- Connor Noland: Keep an eye on Arkansas pitcher Connor Noland. His ERA is respectable at 3.41 and he’s managed to record 47 strikeouts through 34.1 innings pitched.
Mississippi State baseball vs. Arkansas 2022: Important stats to note
- Home runs – Mississippi State is fourth in the SEC right now in hitting home runs with 43 home runs on the season. Meanwhile, the Razorbacks aren’t having as much luck with hitting the ball out of the park. At the moment, Arkansas is tied for 10th in the SEC in home runs with 27.
- Batting average – Neither the Bulldogs or the Razorbacks have great batting averages at the moment. Right now, Arkansas ranks 12th in the conference with a .278 team batting average while the Bulldogs are 13th in the SEC with a team batting average of .274.
Mississippi State baseball vs. Arkansas 2022: Team records
- Mississippi State: 16-10 overall, 3-3 SEC
- Arkansas: overall: 19-4 overall, 5-1 SEC
Mississippi State baseball last five games:
- 3/23 in Starkville – Mississippi State 14 – Southern 5
- 3/25 in Starkville – Mississippi State 7 – Alabama 6 (10 innings)
- 3/26 in Starkville – Mississippi State 8 – Alabama 7
- 3/27 in Starkville – Mississippi State 2 – Alabama 6
- 3/29 in Memphis – Mississippi State 10 – Memphis 4
Arkansas last five games:
- 3/20 in Fayetteville – Arkansas 3 – Kentucky 1
- 3/25 in Columbia, Missouri – Arkansas 7 – Mizzou 5
- 3/26 in Columbia, Missouri – Arkansas 5 – Mizzou 7
- 3/27 in Columbia, Missouri – Arkansas 6 – Mizzou 4
- 3/29 in Fayetteville – Arkansas 16 – Little Rock 8
Mississippi State baseball vs. Arkansas: 2022 series schedule
- Game 1: Mississippi State vs. Arkansas – April 1 at 6 p.m.
- Game 2: Mississippi State vs. Arkansas – April 2 at 6:30 p.m.
- Game 3: Mississippi State vs. Arkansas – April 3 at 2 p.m.
How to watch Mississippi State baseball: Bulldogs on the road vs. Arkansas
Game 1 of the Bulldogs playing the Razorbacks will be on SEC Network. Games 2 and 3 will be available on SEC Network+. All three games can be streamed online or by using the ESPN app. Click the following links below to watch the Bulldogs battle the Razorbacks.
- Mississippi State vs. Arkansas game 1 livestream
- Mississippi State vs. Arkansas game 2 livestream
- Mississippi State vs. Arkansas game 3 livestream
Mississippi State baseball vs. Arkansas 2022: Radio broadcast information
To be able to listen in to the Mississippi State baseball game, check out these resources here:
Keep up with Mississippi State baseball online: Twitter and live stats
- Interested in checking out live stats for this game, click here.
- Looking for the official Mississippi State baseball twitter account? You can find that by clicking here.
Let’s do some good
- Who? Compassion International
- What do they do? Through partnering with local churches and communities across the globe, Compassion International is able to make an impact and help elevate children out of poverty. Their goal is to “release children from poverty,” provide opportunities for education, and to teach communities about Jesus.
- How can I learn more about them? Check out Compassion International’s about page by clicking here.
- Are they on social media? Visit Compassion International’s Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook accounts.
Categories: Mississippi State Baseball