Despite a rough start to the 2022 Mississippi State softball season, the Bulldogs have seen some solid improvement in recent games. Samantha Ricketts and her team have an opportunity to build momentum in the Bulldog Invitational this weekend.
The Bulldogs are 10-7 on the season, a record that really isn’t all that impressive for this point in the year. However, Mississippi State has won five of its last six games, including a dominant 8-0 win in six innings over Mississippi Valley State on Wednesday.
This weekend, the Bulldogs will get the chance to face off against some foes that have struggled so far this year. While the Bulldogs don’t exactly have an impressive record so far, all of their foes have notably worse records. As it turns out, Furman and Alcorn State both enter into the weekend with losing records on the year. Jacksonville State is just one game over .500.
This is a great chance for the Bulldogs to get some much needed wins before SEC play gets started. Mississippi State has five games scheduled over three days. Two games are lined up Friday, two for Saturday, and one on Sunday.
Here’s everything you need to know about the Bulldog Invitational:
Mississippi State softball: Bulldog Invitational teams, records
- Mississippi State: 10-7 overall
- Furman: 6-7 overall
- Alcorn State: 7-8 overall
- Jacksonville State: 7-6 overall
Mississippi State softball Bulldog Invitational schedule
- March 4 at 3 p.m. – Mississippi State vs. Furman
- March 4 at 5:30 p.m. – Mississippi State vs. Alcorn State
- March 5 at 3 p.m. – Mississippi State vs. Jacksonville State
- March 5 at 5:30 p.m. – Mississippi State vs. Furman
- March 6 at 12:30 p.m. – Mississippi State vs. Alcorn State
How to watch Mississippi State softball in Bulldog Invitational
Every Mississippi State softball game will be available to watch online this weekend. Each game will be available through SEC Network+ (check out Watch ESPN for more information on how to watch). To check out the full Mississippi State softball schedule, click here.
Let’s do some good
- Who? Compassion International
- What do they do? Through partnering with local churches and communities across the globe, Compassion International is able to make an impact and help elevate children out of poverty. Their goal is to “release children from poverty,” provide opportunities for education, and to teach communities about Jesus.
- How can I learn more about them? Check out Compassion International’s about page by clicking here.
- Are they on social media? Visit Compassion International’s Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook accounts.